Alteration: Changing a T-Shirt Neckline

Wednesday, March 27, 2013
PinkTop

The neckline of this jersey top always peeked awkwardly over the necklines of my sweaters, so I changed it.

Here's how you can do the same:
1) Cut off the original neckband
2) Trace the neckline of a shirt that you like onto the shirt you're going to alter, and and cut away the fabric along your markings.
3) If the original neckband is too short to reuse, you can cut off the hem of the shirt to use as a new neckband. You can use a twin needle or a zig zag stitch to sew it to the shirt.
4) Hem the bottom of the shirt.
5) Steam/iron the heck out of your neckband and it will look as good as new!

I'm really happy how it turned out. The shirt was also a bit large and I plan to use it for layering so I took it in at the sides just a little as well. It fits so much better now.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top