Sewn: Strappy Crop Top

Crop Top

So, trying something new, and yes I was wearing sunglasses indoors, but it was a stinking hot summer day when I snapped this, and all my eye makeup had smudged off my eyes. Raccoon eyes, so super sexy, I couldn't post them here. (sarcasm)

I had some leftover grey jersey that wasn't long enough for a tank top, but the odd bits and pieces ended up making this. It's a variation on the Wrapped Crop Top DIY by the Felted Fox. The original DIY uses a woven, not a jersey, and the pattern fits a size 2-4, which I am not. I ended up drafting my own pattern in a knit, but it's very similar. Here's the back. I like how it only shows a peek of skin.

Crop Top

If I made another of these, I'd make the tie straps a little wider, but I didn't have enough fabric to this time.

I know it's not summer anymore, but most of my summer wardrobe is self-sewn now, which is a cool feeling.