Sewn: The Sparkly Top

Thursday, July 20, 2017
Sparkly Top

Ahh sparkles! Who knew sequins were so hard to photograph! I kept getting weird color balance errors and in the end just gave up. These photos don't do the sparkles justice. The Little Bean LOVES all things colorful, but she'll sometimes opt for sparkles instead. This is as low key as she likes to get.

Here's a closeup of the front:

Sparkly Top

This one was a result of a bit of experimentation. I took a t-shirt pattern and chopped it off mid chest. Then I gathered the remaining sequin fabric below and added a matching sheer overlay. The only tricky part was attaching the lining. I opted for one because the sequin fabric was scratchy on the inside, and if it was the kiddo would never wear it. She's a texture girl when it comes to both clothes and food. At least clothing wise, we can usually work things out.

And here's the back, with a tie so it's adjustable and she can wear it for longer:

Sparkly Top

And in moment of introspection, I realized that I only feel inspired to sew when it's sunny out. Around here those days are far and few in between. I guess that's why most of my sewn wardrobe is summery!
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top